Dropping a pin in Google maps is a cool option rather than providing public transportation routes with calculated timing. Do you know how to drop a pin in google maps? If not, you have clicked on the right page. Today, I will tell you all about dropping a pin, learning how it is useful and how to drop a pin on google maps on different devices.
How to drop a pin in Google maps on iOS
To drop a pin in google maps on the iOS device is as follows-
- Open the Google map application on your iOS device
- On the top bar, search for an address
- Or you can scroll on the map to find your desired location
- Once you find it, drop the pin
- Just long press on the pin
- Your desired address will be there on your screen at the bottom
- Tap on the address, and it will show you details like direction, start, save, share
How to drop a pin in Google maps on Android
The process on Android is nearly the same as on iOS devices-
- Open Google maps on your Android device
- On the search bar on the top, enter your address
- Or scroll on the screen until you find your desired address
- Long press on the screen to pin drop your location
- Your address will pop up on the screen
- Tap on the address, and it will show you details on direction, start, save, share
How to drop a pin in Google maps on Desktop
Yes, you can also drop a pin at a location on Google maps on Desktop. Let’s see how –
- Search for Google maps
- Drop the pin at the location you desire. Then click left on the same spot
- A tiny grey pin icon will be on the screen
- An information box will pop up at the bottom of your screen; click on the box
- After that, on the left side, a new panel will appear containing additional options and providing more information.
Advantages come along with when dropped a pin.
Now that you know how to drop a pin on Google Maps let me tell you about other features that come along with it; however, it can vary depending on whether you are using it on a desktop or phone.
So let’s get started with those features in detail-
- Dropped a pin for direction– As you already know, how to drop a pin on Google Maps. Now you can long press to drop a pin to either the start point or endpoint to provide you with the directions.
- Option to save your drop a pin– Google map has the option to save your pin’s location to a pre-lists that will save on your Google account by default which you can use later. And that pre-lists are Favorites, Starred places, want to go.
- Option to share dropped pin location– Google maps have the option to share your dropped pin location with other users. You can share the location with your friends by clicking on the share option.